We have an FAQs page. Find answers there to questions about our products and about safety at sea.
Trouble with Site?
To use our online store requires that your browser has cookies enabled. Cookies that your browser stores let our web site knows what items you have in your cart. If you do not have cookies enabled, you will not be able to put items in your cart. You will not be able to checkout. Here is a page about how to enable cookies in your browser.
Do You Need to Apply Some Updates?
Many problems can be resolved by updating / upgrading your browser or your installed version of Adobe Reader. You are welcome to contact us. Here are some additional help resources:
- How do I read a pdf?
- Adobe Reader software is available, free, for most operating systems. Get Reader or make sure you have the latest version.
- Trouble opening a *.pdf?
- We’ve heard from some visitors about problems opening large *.pdf documents with IE. Please read the next line below.
- Quick tip from Adobe is to save the pdf to your computer (to your desktop, perhaps), then open it with Reader. Remember to save the file somewhere you will easily find it!
- Want more technical pdf info?
- Here is pdf help from Brookhaven National Lab.
Help was last modified: June 7th, 2016 by
I own a Dan Buoy and need to purchase a recharge kit. I see on your website you sell two – UML and Halkey–Roberts. My Dan Buoy originally came with the UML inflation mechanism. Can I switch to Halkey–Roberts?
No, you can’t switch and you don’t want to. We switched away from the Halkey–Roberts valve because, in high humidity conditions, they would sometimes auto inflate. I spoke to HR about the problem and asked if they were planning to resolve the issue and they said no. We switched back to UML which, on a world scale, is used far more than HR.
Thank you for asking the question. We have also added an FAQ for others who may ask the same question.